Stop Sexual Abuse by supporting, educating and training professionals and the community.
CCOSO is a recognized leader in providing expertise, training, education, and legislative guidance in treatment, management and research related to sexual offending. CCOSO and its chapters strengthen local and statewide agencies and professionals to enhance community safety.
* Increase awareness by educating and training the community and professional organizations whose purpose is to manage and treat sex offenders
* Provide and promote a network of professionals in the field of sex offending
* Provide feedback and recommendations regarding legislation and public policy
* Provide information regarding management and treatment of sex offenders to all interested parties
* Develop and promote standards of care and best practices related to sexual offending
* Promote research in offender and victim treatment and community management practices
* Inform and influence media presentations on issues of sexual abuse
* Mentor and encourage potential professionals to enter the field
Welcome to the CCOSO Library. For articles on a given topic, click on the links below and you'll be taken to that section. You can easily return to this page from any section. You can also use the search below to search the library database for articles on a topic of interest to you.
1. Child Pornography
2. Community Management and Treatment - Adolescent
3. Community Management and Treatment - Adult
4. Community Reintegration
5. General Information
6. Internet Crimes
7. Laws and Legal Issues
10. Residency Restrictions
11. Sex Offender Registration
The California Coalition on Sexual Offending (CCOSO) POSITION PAPERS.
- Should Sex Offenders Have Civil Rights?
- California Study
- Sex Offenders Who Live Among Us
- FAILURE TO PROTECT
- California Coalition on Sexual Offending
- THE INFLUENCE OF SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION AND NOT...
- Study Debunks Web Predator Myths
- Irregular Passion: The Unconstitutionality and Ine...
- Are sex offender registries effective?
- More criticism of sex offender residency restricti...
- ▼ March (10)
- This blog is meant for those who need a place to quickly find accurate and cited facts with (almost) no opinion. The research posted does of course cite other evidence-based research that is current. For an interesting take on "Just the facts, Ma'am," see the truth.